We all understand how important continuing music education is to our personal development and mental health, particularly in this trying time. We are fully determined to keep the music alive. Like every other educational institution in the country, we continue to look for the best and most effective way of doing this. Like every educational institution in the country, we look for the best and most effective way to provide music learning. The safety of our students and teachers is our top priority. We also understand that everyone’s situation is different. Following the local school districts, most studios at the Sharon Music Academy will provide two options to take lessons: completely online or in hybrid mode – part of the lessons will be online, and part of the lessons will be in-person. All our instructors have been extensively trained to provide productive and engaging online private music lessons and group programs. SMA invested a lot of time and effort to upgrade to the top of the line equipment that makes it possible for us to provide the highest quality online music instruction.
All in-person lessons will follow strict CDC and state guidelines. For in-person lessons, we ask all the students to follow the safety rules outlined below.
To enhance the learning experience, SMA will complement private lessons with a variety of online workshops, group classes, supervised training, and other activities to keep the vibrant connection to the community and music at large. SMA has also added several new and exciting classes to our program line-up. Starting the fall of 2020, we are offering Indian Violin and Carnatic Singing classes, Song Writing programs, Music History lectures, and much more. Please contact us for more information. And, as every year, there will be plenty of performing opportunities, concerts, auditions, competitions, and other fun stuff. We look forward to seeing you at the Sharon Music Academy! Please join us!
Rules for In-Person LessonsIn order to maintain the safety of our teachers and students, we ask that you abide by these temporary rules for in-person instruction at the SMA.
- DO NOT enter the building if you are experiencing the following symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who is sick within 2-14 days: cough, fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. If you are or have recently experienced any of the above symptoms, we ask that you receive your lesson virtually at your scheduled time. 24-hour notice is required for lessons canceled in order to receive a make-up lesson.
- Face coverings will be required for everyone entering the building.
- Students should wash their hands after entering the building and before entering the class.
- Waiting areas inside the building will be closed. The parents of children older than 7 years should drop their children off at the Academy and then pick them up on time. We request that you wait in your car or the parking lot for the duration of your student’s/child's lesson.
- We ask that only one guardian/sibling accompany their student/child. The guardian/sibling may sit in the teacher's studio for the duration of the lesson.
- Students should wait for an invitation from the instructor to enter the room. Extra time will be needed to sanitize a room between students.