- Hand and foot technique
- Reading Rhythm Notation
- Rhythmic Ear Training
- Four-way coordination
- Developing skills necessary to play in a band
Drum Lessons FAQ
Q. Do you teach children?
A. Yes. However, due to the size of the drum-set and the physical demands that come with it, the recommended age for beginners is 10 years old. However, depending on the child’s coordination and physical ability, some children can start at an earlier age.
Q. What do I need to start lessons?
A. Students will need a four-piece drum kit with cymbals and other supplementary equipments for their lessons. Beginners can start with just a practice pad until they are ready to try a full set. We will provide complimentary assistance in helping you with the purchasing process. Please contact us before making your purchase to avoid costly mistakes!
The required equipment list is as followed:
- Four-piece drum kit (Snare Drum, Bass Drum, Floor-Tom, Tom-Tom with compatible hardware)
- Hi-Hat cymbals and either a Ride or Crash with compatible hardware
- Drum Sticks
- Practice Pad
- Metronome (could also be a free app on a smartphone)
- Noise-canceling headphones (optional)
Q. I’ve always dreamed of playing a particular song. Can you help me?
A. Sure. We will work with you on your favorite songs and styles.