Sharon Music Academy has been teaching children and adults how to love, understand and enjoy music since 1990. We don’t just teach you how to play a song; we teach you how to master an instrument. We have a track record of providing high quality music education for all ages and levels. Our students have won many local, national and international music competitions. Many of them have been awarded Official Citations by the Massachusetts State Senate for their achievements and community work. Our students play in prestigious youth orchestras, are featured in local and national newspapers and magazines, and have their performances broadcast by local TV stations.
We offer a wide range of music experiences for our students: from performing at prestigious venues like Carnegie Hall to playing at community parks, entertaining local seniors, playing ensembles, visiting piano and violin factories, attending music camps in Europe and competing in various music competitions.
There are many proven developmental benefits of learning music – improved cognitive abilities, memory and coordination and we believe that everyone can learn to enjoy and create music. Please look at our special music programs for preschoolers and adults.
If you know which instrument you want to learn or the program you wish to enroll in, you can go directly to online registration page. Beginners may benefit from reading the FAQ for their chosen instrument under “Music Lessons and Programs”.
If you have questions or want to learn more about a specific topic please contact us. We are glad to answer all your questions. You can also browse our library on music education and answers to the Frequently Asked Questions. These pages contain many useful links and references to help you make the right decisions about your or your child’s music education.
Why Sharon Music Academy?
Sharon Music Academy has been a recognized leader in music education for more than 20 years.
• Proven high quality of music educationOur students have won numerous music competitions locally as well as internationally. Our graduates have been admitted to the best music colleges and conservatories. However, just as much attention is given to those who simply want to learn to play their best as to those who want to learn to play professionally. We offer each student a complete music education: music theory, ear training, and ensemble. Sharon Music Academy is a local ABRSM center and we offer special programs to prepare for ABRSM exams.
• Highly Educated and Qualified InstructorsOur teachers have advanced degrees from the world’s leading institutions and conservatories. In addition to being masters of their craft, they are masters at teaching it, regardless of a student’s previous knowledge of music or instruments.
• Wide Range of Music ExperiencesThrough performances at various venues and stages, master classes with world-renowned musicians, recording sessions in studios, performing with professional orchestras and many other educational activities our students have an opportunity to experience music in many different forms.
• Sense of CommunityWe foster a community feeling among our students through recitals and many social events. Sharon Music Academy is a great place to meet new people with the same interests as yours.
• ConvenienceAbility to schedule multiple family members within same time slot to save on driving and waiting. Your time is valuable.
Please read testimonials of our students and parents, learn about our students’ achievements, visit our Media Archive to listen to our students' award-winning performances and compare us to other music schools and private teachers.