Yes, it is true – it is never too late to bring a joy of music in your life. Just ask our adult students. According to the 2008 NAMM Global Report on Music 82% of adults who don't play a musical instrument wish they did. However, it’s never too late to take action and start to learn music.
We have a vibrant community of adult students – from college freshmen to retirees, from busy moms to high-power executives. Some of them took music lessons when they were kids and always regretted stopping. Some of them had never picked up an instrument or sung a single note before joining the Sharon Music Academy.
How Music Benefits Adults
- Provides an emotional and creative outlet for a better life balance
- Lowers stress
- Enhances creative thinking, self-confidence and expressiveness
- Helps stay mentally sharp and improve memory
- Provides opportunity to meet people with similar interests
- Offers a way to have fun and enjoy music on many different levels